- This event has passed.
Photonic Integration Conference 2015
23 September, 2015
Integrated Photonics Drives Next Generation Semi Conductor Industry
The generic foundry approach is initiating a revolution in micro and nanophotonics, just as it did in microelectronics more than thirty years ago. There is no doubt that generic integration causes a dramatic reduction in the entry costs when applying Photonic ICs (PICs) in novel or improved products and brings them within reach for many SMEs and larger companies.
So far, most applications have been in the field of telecommunications and data communications, but presently they are becoming much broader; examples are fibre sensor readout units, gas sensors, medical diagnostics, lighting, metrology, THz and antenna systems.
Join us for a one-day executive conference explaining why integrated photonics is vital to keep our world communicating and connected in the 21st century. During this International Year of Light 2015 global experts are coming to Eindhoven, the innovation champion of lighting technologies.
“Photonics is a global technology whose time has come”
On September 23rd, the enterprises, startups and research activities will be discussed, taking the Integrated Photonics Conference to the next level in the following areas:
• Photonic integration, including the development of generic integration platforms and foundry models;
• Integration of photonics with microelectronics at the chip, board and system levels;
• Exploitation of new materials, including new semiconductors and nanophotonic materials, multifunctional fibres, and their associated fabrication technologies;
• How to lower the entry level of Photonic integration for companies to create applications in the following markets: optical sensing, lighting & energy, displays, information technology, telecom, healthcare & life science, security & defense, manufacturing.
Who should attend the Photonic Integration Conference 2015?
• System integration engineers in optical sensing, lighting & energy, displays, information technology, telecom, healthcare & life science, security & defense, manufacturing;
• Innovation Managers, CTO’s or Business Development Managers;
• Optical and electronic component engineers;
• Investors, CEOs, and marketing directors tracking the direction of integrated photonics and or semi conductor industry;
• Industry analysts and consultants looking to understand the latest technology advances in integrated photonics.